Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Default FOAK: Low energy light bulbs and dimmer switches

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Verdigris
saying something like:

Are there any low-energy bulbs which will go in a standard bayonet fitting
and work with a dimmer switch? Or will I need to replace the switch if I
want to be (more than usually) green?

x-posted.

You'll need to change the switch to a standard on/off, but the following
CFL bulb can be dimmed.

Dulux EL Vario
Dimmable Compact Fluorescent from www.cpc.co.uk

two-step dimmer function of the Osram Dulux EL Vario. You can now choose
between full lighting or lighting dimmed about half as bright. All you
have to do is switch the lamp off and then on again within three
seconds, the brightness is reduced by half, thus saving 60% power.

Watts Fitting Order Code price each

23W ES (E27) LP02250 about a tenner plus VAT
23W BC (B22) LP02251 ditto

--
Adrian C