Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Harbor freight tools

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I'm amazed at how closed-minded some people are in the face of
such staggering amounts of experience and accumulated knowledge.
As far as I'm concerned, Harold, you have totally proven your case
and don't need to respond to this thread any more! - GWE

Thanks, Grant.

I feel compelled to dispel misleading information, particularly in this
instance. The problems from wrong wheel selection are overwhelming,
speaking from experience. To get a better understanding of the
significance of the wrong wheel, try grinding some steel on your surface
grinder using a silicon carbide wheel. The net effect, and almost
instantly, is for the wheel to glaze over. Hardness of the bond makes no
difference, regardless of how you approach the problem, it persists.
Change to an aluminum oxide wheel and it "magically" goes away. The
research accomplished by Norton was right on the money.

Harold