Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Question on spray painting house exterior

asked:
How many feet does the paint travel in over spray when painting the

exterior of a house?

There's lots of variables.

I did it once, as a homeowner/amateur. I used a rented "airless"
sprayer and 5 gallon buckets of paint. Note to the wise: don't trip
over the bucket.

I had no particular problems. There was some overspray on the windows
of my own house, and that was about it. I didn't detect large cloud of
overspray blotting out the sun, etc.
Actually, it went much faster than I expected; I did a 2-story house in
about half a day. I was motivated to save the money on 1/2 day rental!