Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default crawl space dehumidifier

dblho39 wrote:
I do have a vapor barrier. The crawlspace has vents but they are
sealed. I also have two high capacity vent fans on one side of the
crawlspace, and two 'moisture scrubbers' on the other side of the
crawlspace. Also have a french drain with a sump pump. I had all
this put in because I was having huge problems with moisture, with
lots and lots of mold growth. I even had soggy insulation on all the
a/c ducts down there. All this seems to have dryed things out okay
(though I haven't gone through the hot part of the summer yet, so
we'll see), but there is still an area in one corner that still seems
to be staying a bit damp. So I thought a dehumidifer in that area,
drained to the sump pump, might help.

What are "moisture scrubbers?"

--
Joseph Meehan