Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

Default Hovering Bumble Bees

On Fri, 12 May 2006 18:21:10 GMT, Bert Byfield
wrote:

I've got some big black not-very-fuzzy bees hovering about two fee off
my rafter edges. Anyone know what that behavior means? They're quick,
too, they dodge the spray can pretty well.

I use to have the same problem, but with my deck.

It appears you have male Carpenter Bees waiting for a nested female
Carpenter Bee to leave her next. If you have exposed bare wood, you
might have a female boring a hole in it.

Might want to get professional help, since it isn't the males that are
a problem, the females damage wood. I've taken care of my deck, but
it is at ground level. I used a powder I inject in the holes. Kills
the female, and any later investigating female Carpenter Bees.

good luck,

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com