Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Harbor freight tools

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
. Let me say one last time,
there is no dissolving of diamonds or silicon carbide in the
grinding process.

Maybe you can sell your diatribe to Norton, then, because their

literature
seems to think there is. But then, what the hell would the leading
manufacturer of grinding wheels know about that?

Harold

Diatribe? now you are getting nasty.

No, I'm not getting nasty, I'm simply stating that you come across as if you
know something when you don't. Had you provided something of substance to
substantiate your claim, perhaps I would have had a different response to
your post. The information I provided is well known by any of us that
have worked in the grinding trade, especially the one about silicon carbide
dissolving it steel. That is well documented by the grinding industry, as
is the fact that aluminum oxide does the same thing when grinding glass
products. That's why rock people use silicon carbide grinding wheels
(when not using diamond), which are far better suited to the application.

I have in my possession published documentation to back my claims, and it
appears "Niccolo Vecchio" has provided enough information on the diamond
discussion to remove doubts from your mind.

Harold

I don't have a clue
who or what Norton is or says, but if they say diamond
dissolves in iron or steel, then they don't know squat about
physics or chemistry. Any first year (well, maybe 2nd year)
chemistry student should be able to tell you that diamond
won't dissolve in steel. Maybe you and Norton (if they said
that) don't know what the word "dissolve" means?

You might try reading some lapidary sources, to get a more
accurate idea of cutting and polishing with diamonds. But
enough of this, as I said I'm not getting paid to educate
you. My comment was just meant as a caution to the spead of
misinformation. I've accomplished that, so I need say no
more.