Posted to rec.woodworking
BobS

Default Is my moisture meter working?

He could just say - the meter indicates that it's below 10% - close
enough, use it .............;-)

Actually that is kinda what PSI said. I emailed them and they called me.
He said that if it showed 6% on wood in my basement and top of the scale
on my arm it was doing pretty good.
I think the "solution" is to compare new wood to wood that I have had a
while. If they read the same, the new wood is okay. If the new wood
reads higher, it has to dry more. Might be all I can expect out of a
$29.95 meter (it was on sale)

Appreciate your help though.

You're welcome. I paid 3 times what you did and I doubt mine is any more
accurate than yours. I have now way to calibrate it against a known
standard.......unless........we both send our meters to George, then he can
sneak into the college some night and test our meters against
theirs.......;-)

Bob S.