Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

On Fri, 12 May 2006 23:15:19 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Fri, 12 May 2006 15:09:38 +0100, Cordless Crazy wrote:

However, when downloading or printing them out, they have the company
name, the date and the name of the guy who downloaded it plastered on
every page down the side.

Will be interesting to see if this is the case with the guy's codes on
ebay! If so, the BSI will have no probs tracking the culprit down!!

Or more likely tracking down the mug whose Athens account the eBayer has
cracked.

[Update after seeing Ed's copy.]

OK, that'll be a bit harder since they've stripped the watermark off the
edges of the pages (by cropping the pages). They've also lost the document
structure in the process.
Ed's/eBay version: http://82.21.72.246/~john/BS/5440-ES.jpg
Pukka BS version: http://82.21.72.246/~john/BS/5440-RC.jpg

I note the pirate version's document properties says PDF producer "iText
1.53 by lowagie.com" which is an OSS PDF tool in Java. I haven't read &
understood enough to know if this can be used to do the cropping, but if
they've actually imported it and done some fancy footwork to have it hide
the watermark on the displayed resultant PDF I suspect the encrypted
watermark - with details of original licensee - may still be embedded in
the document. It would be fun to know :-)