Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flickering light since blown bulb & fuse

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
Hi all,

My bathroom light halogen bulb (1 of 3 on a centre light mounting -
bathroom-safe) came to the end of its life and popped, throwing the main
lighting tripswitch/fuse.

When I reset the fuse and put a new bulb in, I notice that ever since then
the entire lighting rig in that room only, flickers now and then. It's on a
pull-cord, and the flickering is like what happens when you pull the cord
down slightly but not all the way.

Any ideas where to look for the fault?

Fault may be any of the items involved. Where to look seems to obvious
to say. Get yourself a multimeter and test it, theres no way youre
going to know what part the problem is otherwise..

NT