Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default R9 argon gas double hung windows

wrote:
Have you checked the prices of replacement windows at home depot, or
else where?can run from 175.00 to 295.00. Can you install them
yourself? I just put in 17 windows, including one picture window for
$3400.00. Installation is simple, pulling out the old windows is
simple. get a how-to book, unless your a acomplete klutz, you can do it.

At 55 years of age, the only ones of these that I did myself were fixed
windows over a door and a window.

All the others were too big, too heavy for one person to lift and hold
in place while screwing the frame of the window to the house.

IOW, I had to get help, and yes, I replaced single pane aluminum crap
with double pane vinyl. Windows get at most 1 hour of sunshine a day
10-11 am, so low-E, argon don't help very much. All windows are on the
NorthEast facing side of the house.