Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Is a separate stall shower really a good thing?

On Fri, 12 May 2006 13:48:37 GMT, "dadiOH"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
I have a small house (18' wide) that has a small bathroom The odd
thing to me is that there is a stall shower and a separate tub without
a shower. I can't understand why they wasted space by not combining
them, and I have another thread going about replacing the tub and
installing a shower. But, my original thought was to demolish the
shower stall and open up the area and perhaps put in a small cabinet
(and place for the cat litterbox) and have room for a nicer sink area.

However I was talked out of removing the shower on the grounds that a
separate stall shower is a big selling point and that people really
like them. Is it true? I would think that having an open room would be

The only real advantage I can see is that some older or handicapped
people have trouble getting in and out of tubs, so it's good if
there's at least one shower-stall in the building that doesn't require
picking up your feet to get in.