Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

Default Workbench photos

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I had a free moment to break out the camera today. Here is a photo of
the workbench mentioned in preivous posts. This was the first additon
to my shop so I am very proud.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...6/PB305601.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...6/PB305602.jpg

Where did you find your bench top? I have not had lucking finding
something that nice, and I need to setup a top for the small lathe I'm
putting back together

Grainger and probably McMaster-Carr or others sell butcher block tops for
work benches, though you'll have to be willing to accept the standard size
(sizes?) that they sell. A while back I had a local hardwood supplier make
up a custom bench top and shelf out of maple for a table frame made of
Unistrut. The top was 48x24 and the shelf a little smaller. Together they
ran around $300.

A picture of it is he

http://member.newsguy.com/~mphenry/2...Rack+Tools.JPG

though it only shows a portion of the table and shelf. It would have been
at least a little cheaper to cut up a couple of standard butcher block tops.

Mike