Posted to alt.crafts.blacksmithing,rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default multiple speed furnace blower

On Thu, 11 May 2006 19:21:07 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

My question: Any body here played with this sort of fan? I want to
know if I'd fry it if two of the speed circuits were live at the
same time. The 120V rotary switches I've found on the web seem all
to be make-before-break.

I see lots of arcing on the switch points in your future?
(but don't know for sure). :/

I had a 2 speed motor on my furnace blower for about 12 years, running
with the low speed live all the time, and the high speed kicked in by
the furnace control.Had no problems at all. Just put in a new medium
efficiency, 2 stage burner, with variable speed DC fan to replace the
30 year old unit. It didn't save me $20 per year on gas, but the power
consumption has dropped to less than half.

http://www.teranews.com ***