Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Undfer floor heating in conservatory revisted

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:25:22 +0100 someone who may be "Christian
McArdle" wrote this:-

Separate timing control is normally achieved using a programmable
thermostat
in each zone, with the main controller either absent to set to 24h.

Works of the devil:-) Instead of having everything in a boy's toys
area one has to walk to an individual toy:-) The sooner such things
are banned the better:-)

More seriously, controls are best grouped together. This is
especially important as they become ever more complicated and it is
important to see what is going on.

In a commercial setup I would agree. Don't give the office workers control
of the temperature as thermostat wars break out. The fat people always want
it cool and turn the heat down - I find far people very self centred people
thinking only of themselves. Then the normal people get ****ed off when the
place is too cold. In one office I replaced all stats with tamperproof
stats.

In a domestic house centralising the controls with remote sensors as the
CM67 can have, serves no purpose. Some like to have a basic cheap timer
controlling all the heating, so when they go out, one controller will switch
off.