Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Dave Fawthrop

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

On Fri, 12 May 2006 16:50:43 GMT, "Ophelia" wrote:

|"The Reid" wrote in message
.. .
| Following up to Dave Plowman (News)
|
| They all deny that it has any effect, and also swear blind that they are
| *not* alcoholics.
|
|A heavy drinker isn't necessarily an alcoholic. Addiction means you simply
|*can't* stop without external help.
|
| Dave (the other one I assume your making the mistake of talking
| to) works with alkies and cant see that the majority of people
| are not like that.

When in the RAF I did drink, but not to excess. The effects on me were
absolutely horrendous. Many of the ordinary drinkers who I knew in the
RAF were going downhill fast, but non of them could see it :-(

| For the record Dave F, I dont think alcohol has no effect and Ive
| never met anybody who did, however the small amount you mentioned
| doesnt, but why am I bothering? Youre too pig headed to ever hear
| anything you didnt already "know".

Having worked as a volunteer for the Bradford Curry Project and other local
Soup Runs for *many* years, I know all about the disastrous effects of
alcohol on people. Their lives are *very* brutal and short. The local
drunks actually greet me with "Hi Dave".

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Chair, Bradford Curry Project