Martin Whybrow

Default Replacing bronze headstock bearings

"Dean" wrote in message

"Fdmorrison"
Hand scrape? A triangular (three-sided) scraper will work.

If you blue the bearings, and gently scrape off just the blue?
Frank Morrison

I recently fitted new bronze bearings to an ML7 lathe. They were too tight
( which is how Myford deliberately make ém ) and I hand scraped them using

3 cornered scraper and bearing blue. It was a Saturday afternoon. My
favourite coffee and the football on the radio made the hours pass

sweetly.
Totally worth the effort for the most impotant fit on your lathe and helps
keep the old skills alive that got us were we are today.

Dean.

Dean and Frank
Nice to see the same suggestion twice, it kind of instils confidence.
I've not scraped bearings before, looks like I'll get my chance now.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Martin.

--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom