Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Opinion on snake repellents

TCB er ah TCC Taking Care of Carol wrote:
Two days ago two of my miniature dachshunds were bitten several times
by a huge rattler.......things were touch and go for awhile but
todsay we brought both dogs home from the vet and they are doing fine.
We have a large population of snakes (rattlers, cotton mouths and
copperheads) in this area, but so far its only been rattlers that have
come uip and around the house. They seem to like this land as its
hot, sandy, hardwoods and pines, lots of birds, squirrels etc and out
in the country........there is no trash piles or other junk arund to
attract them, and all things normally storewed outside is moved around
a lot, or stored off the ground........Its just a heaven for
snakes......with environment and location.

So after quite an expensive bill and not having any more ideas to keep
snakes at bay, the wife was wanting to try this product called snake
away.........I am kind of skeptical. Anyone have any experience
withthis product or other snake repellents? I know for a fact the old
sulphur powder repellent did not work at all.
Thanks

Trade your dachshunds for cats.

Cats are about the same size but don't try to bother rattlesnakes. Cats will
also make a significant dent in your rodent population; the snakes will then
look elsewhere for food. (I bet you thought you had snakes just because they
liked you.)