Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

Default Unburied Cable

On Fri, 12 May 2006 03:44:12 -0400, Eve Giidiion
wrote:

I noticed an unburied cable on my property ( just got the house a few
months ago.)
When the installer came out to put in my Cable (TV, Internet ect) I
asked if he could tell me anything about it. He said it went to my
neighbor's house.
This cable is unburied for a good 20-30 feet and is about 10 feet
inside my property line running parallel to the property boundary.

Any suggestions on what to do with this?
Should I tell the neighbor it has become uncovered and let him cover
it? And if he doesn't , then what? Clip it?
This is a Mower hazard and is not something that I can ignore.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
And no, I don't know why the cable is in my yard.

EV

In my area it is common for the CATV provider to install the cable on
top of the ground, hook up the service and then a contract service
comes along at a later date and buries it. Tell your neighbor to
contact the service provider and jack them up. If you don't want it
buried on your property make them move it.

They bury the CATV cables in fairly shallow trenches so they will
sometimes lift out from frost heave or dry conditions in the summer
that opens up the trench.

Frank