Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Replacing A Drum Support Roller On Kenmore Electric Dryer ?

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have the fairly typical Sears Kenmore electric dryer whic is close to ten
years old by now. Model is 110.68089 11

One of the drum support rollers has gone bad, and thought I would replace
it myself, as the roller part is relatively cheap.

Question: Even though there's probably enough room for me to reach the
roller which
is at the rear of the unit thru the kick-plate door from the front, I was
wondering what happens when I remove the roller ?

e.g., Will the drum fall down ?

Should I block up the drum with some wood prior to removing this
roller ?

How is this kind of repair normally handled; any caveats or "gotchas" to
be aware of ?

Thanks,
B.

What should take an hour might take three. This is the age-old curse of home
repairs. But, you shouldn't have any major problems with this job. Yes, you
should have some chunks of wood handy for supporting the drum. I needed to
do that with a much older GE dryer.

Do you have access to a large library system? If so, you might want to check
& see if they carry repair manuals. That's where I found one for my dryer,
and later, for the washer. Appliance parts places sometimes carry them, too.
Like the comany that seems to have a monopoly on automobile manuals, there's
a firm that also owns much of the appliance book biz.