Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default crawl space dehumidifier

dblho39 wrote:
I have a dehumidifier that is described as a 'basement dehumidifier'.
Is it appropriate to use such a unit in my crawl space? It is a
portable 70-pint unit made by Whirlpool, with a drain hookup (so it
can drain to the sump pump in my crawlspace).

As others have noted, if the area is ventilated, it will not work and
hopefully will not be needed. If it is not ventilated, then that is the
right type to use. "Basement" models should be designed to work in cool
damp areas without freezing up. One would think that all dehumidifiers
would be designed to work in cool damp conditions, but no.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit