Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default leaking vent pipe

tim1198 wrote:
vent pipe shouldn't have any water in it. Maybe you have a leak where
it comes out of the roof..

It will when it rains. It is possible, but I think unlikely that rain
water falling into the pipe could leak past a bad joint.

tim1198

rivahrebel wrote:
Discovered a drip on outside of vent pipe in second floor bathroom
that eventually wore a hole in the ceiling. Replaced the vent cap
and drip seemed to go away for a while. It soon returned and I had
a roofer check it out and he put on another vent cap. Drip has
returned again after a couple of weeks. Any ideas on what to do
next would be appreciated. I need to fix the ceiling but want to
fix the drip first.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit