Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

Default SAMSUNG DLP 3 BLINKING LIGHTS OF DEATH

Just to point out that even with the service plan the technician
would probably have done the same as you, and you'd still have the
problem. They might even prefer to have you call every three weeks
instead of fixing the actual problem.

wrote:

Here is what has happened. First, I got the three blinking lights at
power up, I looked in the manual and it said to replace the bulb, which
I did.

I got the new bulb replaced it and it worked for about another week.
Again back to the same problem, 3 blinking lights. Funny enough, when
i took the bulb out and put it back in it worked. When I power it down
over night and turn it on the next day I have to take the bulb out and
put it back in in order for the tv to power up. I know it makes not
sense.

I called Samsung and like everyone else, they are a joke. At that
point I wished I had bought the service plan, but I am a cheap, so it
looks like I am on my own.