Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani

Default SAMSUNG DLP 3 BLINKING LIGHTS OF DEATH

The problem is not the lamp, or ballast, but could be a combination of
one
of them, & or the light engine. If it's the light engine, it's dumpster
time. It's
about $ 1,500.00 to $ 1,700.00 US dealer price. Get a Tech to check it
so
you don't waste any more money on it. Dani.

wrote:
I have a SAMSUNG DLP hln617w1x/xaa and its broke.

Here is what has happened. First, I got the three blinking lights at
power up, I looked in the manual and it said to replace the bulb, which
I did.

I got the new bulb replaced it and it worked for about another week.
Again back to the same problem, 3 blinking lights. Funny enough, when
i took the bulb out and put it back in it worked. When I power it down
over night and turn it on the next day I have to take the bulb out and
put it back in in order for the tv to power up. I know it makes not
sense.

I called Samsung and like everyone else, they are a joke. At that
point I wished I had bought the service plan, but I am a cheap, so it
looks like I am on my own.

Did some research on the internet and people say to replace the
ballast. So I replaced the ballast. It was too easy. GREAT my
television worked for another week, then back to the blinking lights of
death.

So at this point I bought a new bulb, new ballast and still no working
television.

I took the back of my televison off (for the 1400000 time) and watched
the television try to power up. I saw the ballast trying to "spark"
but it looked like it was not "sparking" enough to get the lamp to
fire.

So I took the new ballast out and put the old one back in and it worked
for 3 days and now it is back to the 3 blinking lights of death.

Can anyone give me any advise on where to go from here?