Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Norm Dresner

Default Workbench photos

"brownnsharp" wrote in message
oups.com...
| One thing I noticed that I commend you for. You were smart enough to
| mount the vice so that the fixed jaw hung off the edge of the bench.
| You would be surprised at the number of people who screw that up!!
|
| brownnsharp

After I read your post, I went and looked at my vise. It's mounted right,
but I did it about 10-15 years ago and I can't remember exactly why it's
mounted where it is, but I must have known something. OTOH, when the handle
hangs straight down it blocks opening the drawer mounted underneath the vise
which is another thing that many of us fail to recognize. A simple 3/4"
plywood spacer under the vise would have saved me much hassle.

Norm