Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default cross slide vise - what is the difference

On Fri, 12 May 2006 07:04:46 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Arcady
quickly quoth:

I am looking for 4" cross slide vise and HF has two of those - regular one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...Itemnumber=538
and one with "prismatic jaws":
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...Itemnumber=106
could you please explain me the difference? I saw the first one on display (and
unfortunately it's out of stock - so I have to buy online) but not the second.

"Prismatic" means that the jaws will grasp round or irregularly shaped
objects better. http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1065 has a fairly
good pic of that jaw style.

--
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.
The amount of work is the same.