Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving
The Reid

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

Following up to Chris Bacon

I think you may have completely misread this thread as your
comments don't seem to make sense but I'll reply as best I can.

The same goes for people who *choose* not to go faster. There are
other reasons, apart from "not feeling able to cope" for going
slower than the limit.

I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. Speed limits are not
targets.

Unfortunately they don't, probably partly lack of skills, lack of
thought and in the case of a person I discussed it with in real
life, laziness and selfishness.

This is true for many people.

Not sure what you are getting at?

Yes, people like that should be done for careless driving.

dangerous driving IMHO.

Rubbish. People who want to drive faster should be able to
deal with slower drivers in a safe manner. If they can't,
they should not be on the road.

Who said otherwise?
Perhaps you should understand what you're reading before you
comment, to clarify, we are speaking of those who undertake and
cut in, not fast drivers meeting slower drivers.

ISTR an experiment where cars "raced" between two junctions of a busy
motorway. The car that hopped lanes arrived something like 30 seconds
ahead of the drivers who stayed in the same lane. i.e. was it worth it?

No. The Highway Code says you shouldn't do this. A following
policeman will Have Words.

for racing on public roads you may well be arrested. But "racing"
was in quotes in this "experiment".
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site