Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default collapsed compression joints

In article .com,
George Tingsley wrote:
Look Drivel I will type this very very slowly since you have pro reading
difficulties I have repeatedly said that you should not use ptfe on the
Olive of a compression fitting as your mate DP

FFS. Get a life.

has suggested I even
included this web page with pictures to show

http://www.calormarineshop.co.uk/boa...on_fitting.htm why
you should not and why you should not over tighten
and that it is the olive alone that forms the water-gas seal

Which gives a vastly different number of turns after finger tight for a
1/2 inch fitting than you recommended in a post.

Make up your mind. Either Calor is correct or not.

--
*If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.