Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default cast iron soil stack

firefox wrote:

I have fed a wire spring thing,into the stack via the basin waste pipe,
it has gone down a fair way and hit nothing as far as I can tell.With
the kitchen sink draining ok into the same stack about 8 ft below ,I
cant understand why I havent hit the blockage with my 15ft wire.
I can flush away liquids and it drains slow ( 5 mins for water to go
down) with lots of gurgling from bath plughole.

If liquid is draining slowly via the bog, how about pouring some seriously
strong chemicals down and leaving for a day and see if that breaks the
blockage down enough to dislodge?

Cheers

Tim