Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs

Default "Stick Built," "Engineered Trusses," and Load Bearing Walls

In article ,
Chris Lewis wrote:
According to David Combs :
In article ,
Chris Lewis wrote:

There's a variety of tricks required to avoid such problems.

Like what? (interesting subject)

I don't really remember the details very well. The issue revolves around
the fact that the bottom chord of a truss _may_ want to lift off
interior partitions. I think in some cases, you can simply fasten the
chord down hard to the top plate, perhaps with joist hangers. Others
revolve around techniques on how to dry wall the wall-ceiling joint.

And there's always crown moldings ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Thanks for the explanations!