Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default cast iron soil stack

firefox wrote:
My soil stack is indoors and boxed in by plasterboard.After a blockage
in the toilet ,which was cleared with plunger,the blockage is now
lodged in the stack.
Outside we have rodded as far as we can go so assume the clog is in the
vertical part still - downstairs sinks drain away fine.
I cannot get onto the roof to rod down the stack so I wonder if I
remove the plasterboard , would there be an access panel in a cast iron
stack?

I doubt it.

If not any ideas how I can dissolve this blockage? I think its due to a
cleaning wipe which I doubt will break down.

If it's only a "cleaning wipe" it shouldn't be much of a
blockage! If you need to get access, you'll probably be
best off removing the WC bowl.

Have you tried pouring a pail of water into the WC from
a good height (practice outside to get a good "aim")