Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
.... All state backed regulations
should be available - in electronic form - for free, or at a nominal
cost

In other words, they should be paid for out of general taxation, so that
all
tax payers bear the cost, instead of just the people who actually want
them.

We`ve already paid for them - the least they can do is make them
accessible !

Exactly how do you think you have paid for any British Standard? The BSI is
a commercial organisation, not a government body, and its work on creating
and maintaining Standards is funded by the sales of those Standards. As a
regular user of Standards, I have no problem with the idea that I should pay
for the ones I use. If I want to look at any I don't use regularly, I go
down to the Library.

Colin Bignell