Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Default damage from ethanol?

I read a lot of belittling- and pretty damned inaccurate- comments re
environmental concerns. I think these are very important, and I tend
to find the consensus of scientific opinion on global warming and
biodiversity, for example, more convincing than say, Michael Crichton
and Rush Limbaugh. As some have noted, all that oil was produced via
photosynthesis- the coal, too. Ought to give you some pause about
being too cavalier with the conditions that make this planet
biologically rich. We are living in an era of accelerating mass
extinction of species- this means nothing to you? No, it isn't
happening for some mysterious, indefineable reason- we're doing it.
Good point about Brazilian ethanol's actual and potential impact on the
Amazon. Renewable resources are renewable if used sustainably- wood
is not very renewable if we clearcut every forest on earth to produce
it- which is rather close to the current situation. Consider that
the clean air most of us breath, clean water we drink, would be a lot
dirtier if not for some of those who I hear being called crazies,
wackos and obstructionists- they were called that then, too.
This request- if you want to talk about crazy
environmentalists- at least cite some actual people/ organizations- I
certainly don't agree with all of them, all of the time- instead of
simply being a "theysayer."