Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar

Default Opinion on snake repellents

In article ,
lid says...
So after quite an expensive bill and not having any more ideas to keep
snakes at bay, the wife was wanting to try this product called snake
away.........I am kind of skeptical. Anyone have any experience
withthis product or other snake repellents?

The ingredient is Naphthalene, same as moth balls and is supposedly an
effective product. I have heard of a number of exterminators that have
success using it, though I am not sure if it is effective as an open air
barrier or just good to keep them out of semi enclosed areas such as
under decks or in storage sheds. Snakes are supposed to be extra
sensitive to the vapors.

Lar