Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

Default AIM Virus/trojan going around! Where do I report this?!?

Michael Kennedy wrote:

There is apparently a virus or script of some kind goin around on AIM...

I got this earlier and my computer started sending out aim messages with the
same thing over and over again to eveybody on my buddy list.. Including
myself since I'm on my own buddy list.

This was the message:

how good is this picture of us for myspace?
http://213.251.139.110/9d1da3707c92e...ther/picture18 .
zip

I put spaces before and after the .zip just so nobody accidentally clicks on
this and gets the trojan or whatever the hell this is.
Who do I report this to? ?

Report it? No you clean up your computer and keep it clean with GOOD
anti virus and anti spyware software. Install a firewall while you are
at it. Here is a link to some good software that is free for personal
use.:
http://home.earthlink.net/~computersforvets/links.html

I would get rid of AIM, as well. its too easy for hackers and
malicious software to get to your computer when its running. ICQ is
better, but instant messaging software runs a server application on your
PC when you are logged in to the network.

--
HELP! My sig file has escaped! ;-)