Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default crawl space dehumidifier

If your crawlspace is ventilated to the outside no, you might as well put it
in your back yard to make the day less humid. It would be bettrer to add a
powered vent or more vent openings.

If the crawlspace is sealed like a low headroom basement, I see no reason
not to use it.

If this is a non living space, it is not necessary to lower the humidity to
comfortable levels, just lower than the dew point (during the coldest part
of the night) to prevent condensation.

"dblho39" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a dehumidifier that is described as a 'basement dehumidifier'.
Is it appropriate to use such a unit in my crawl space? It is a
portable 70-pint unit made by Whirlpool, with a drain hookup (so it can
drain to the sump pump in my crawlspace).