Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Plan for Basement Electrical Outlets - Feedback Please

According to Goedjn :
On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:34:39 +0000 (UTC),
(Bob Vaughan) wrote:

Better yet, alternate phases between boxes, but don't split the outlets
within the box unless you decide to add some switched outlets, in which

This isn't better. The way most people use rooms, the power
hungry equipment tends to clump together, so you want
as many DIFFERENT legs accessible at each power-access-point
as you can conveniently manage.

I'd agree with you with a kitchen, workshop or utility room. Up til
very recently (with the advent of GFCI requirements) Canadian electrical
code _required_ kitchen counter outlets to be _both_ split, and alternating
which receptacle box each cable fed (max two boxes per circuit).

Meaning that at any point on the counter between two receptacle boxes, you
have _4_ 15A circuits available within 4'.

I did that in my workshop counter outlets too.

However, in general living space, eg: a rec room, it's not likely to be
critical.

But if you have the slots, it never hurts.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est