Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

Default where to get mirror?

"J" nospamplease writes:
Yeah, depot, if anything, has the polymirrors or the 1x1 tiles..

[...]
There'll be a white LED in every mirror corner intersection, and certain 2x2
panels will slide out of the wall as file drawers etc.

One of the few art pieces of Andy Warhol I like is like this. He had
several mylar neutral buoyancy ballons as well.

Perhaps you can make frames of .75" square stock and "upholster" them
with mylar. They would be *much* lighter than the glass, although less durable.
You would be able to run the LED wiring in the space behind the frame,
or perhaps put the lights behind the mylar if it has sufficient
transparency.
Google has some sponsored hits
http://www.google.com/url?sa=l&ai=BI...cmirror-SCl013

if you want them to get credit.

Direct link:
http://www.interstateplastics.com/ma...cmirror-SCl013

They claim 24x24" mirror is $17, about half the price you mentioned.

Try these links:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=acrylic+mirror
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=plastic+mirror
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=panel+mirror