Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What is it? CXIV

According to R.H. :
This week's set has been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual.

660) Electric eraser -- used by draftsmen. The collet chuck
at the bottom left of the image holds a long version of the
eraser found in normal pencils -- though likely a more
aggressive compound.

661) Most likely a puzzle of some sort.

662) Maybe I *should* recognize it -- but I don't.

The size (based on the grain of the tabletop behind it) looks to
be on the order of 1 to 1-1/2" diameter.

The castellated design suggests to me that it *might* be part of
a child-proof bottle cap for medicine bottles, but I don't see
any threads, so if so, it is from a strange view.

663) Perhaps a brake lever for a horse-drawn wagon?

664) An identifying tag for a dispenser for motor oils? (Suggested
by the 30W -- and the date.)

665) The pliers appear to be designed for breaking to length
something fairly brittle -- perhaps Bakelite terminal strips,
based on the size suggested by the stop on the backing plate.

If it were designed to be used on something softer, such as
leather, the blade would close flat to the backing plate.

Now to see what others have posted about this series.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564