Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Adrian Tupper

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

The Reid wrote in
:

Following up to Adrian Tupper

No, the blame is still on the undertaking driver for driving
carelessly.

that's what I was trying to say.

Sorry, I thought you were refering to the slow driver.

If someone is doing 50mph in a motorway fast lane then it takes
seconds to undertake and pull in front into the huge gap that by
definition must exist in front of the slow driver.

that's not the sort of situation I'm talking about, there's no
huge gap, there isn't even a small gap:-

either there's a lot of traffic in L3 because a few people are in
L2 when they could be in L1 or
there is a long queue in L3 overtaking a vehicle in L2.

L3 will typically be doing about 70

The prat, undertakes in L1 or 2 and then *forces* his way into L3
when blocked by traffic in L1 or 2 from further undertaking. He
either thinks he has some right to get to the "front" by any
means or falsely believes all the other people in L3 don't in
fact want to go faster (actually they are waiting to overtake).
As the motorway is probably in the same condition ahead he
probably only makes a few hundred yards progress over other cars
and may be shut out by drivers like me[1], when they get a chance
and make no progress at all

Yes, people like that should be done for careless driving.

ISTR an experiment where cars "raced" between two junctions of a busy
motorway. The car that hopped lanes arrived something like 30 seconds
ahead of the drivers who stayed in the same lane. i.e. was it worth it?

1] by driving in "bursts" from beside one L2 car to the next L2
car, thus preventing undertaking unless L1 is empty (which it
often is as many drivers seem to just sit in the middle lane, the
original cause of this behaviour).

--
Adrian

Remove packaging and take out insurance before emailing me