Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Default damage from ethanol?

HarryS wrote:
You're correct. The plants I'm familiar with are required to add 5%
gasoline to the alcohol they produce to denature it. It can be denatured
with other things but gasoline is easiest for them.

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Rich256 wrote in news:_9x8g.47283$Fs1.20823@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:49:23 GMT, Rich256 wrote:

However, I would like to see a current valid study that shows
that ethanol can be produced for those low prices
Ethanol is 200 proiof vodka How cheap could it be? I certainly don't
expect the taxes to be much less.
Great point!! The road tax is a lot less than liquor tax. And imagine
all the bootleggers driving down the road, perfectly legal with a tank
full of liquor. Only when they dump it and drink it can they get in
trouble.

I suspect they will "denature" the ethanol to make it undrinkable.
I wonder what that will do for emissions?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

But, they would have a difficult time detecting the difference with the
guy running with home made stuff!!