Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damage from ethanol?

Mys Terry wrote:

Well,use nuclear power to generate the electricity.
It's clean,efficient,and safe,and the fissionables can probably come from
indigenous sources.We already have Yucca Mtn to store the wastes.

Then why aren't we using it? The Federal Government promised to take care of the
remains of the Yankee Nuke Plant when it was decommissioned. When the time came,
they simply came in and said, "Okay, we're responsible now", and left everything
sitting exactly where it was onsite. They did not move one drum 5 feet from
where it was sitting, much less transport anything to Yucca Mountain.

Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas

We aren't using Yucca because anti-nuclear obstructionists have done
everything they can to stop it or slow it down. It would have been
done 10 years ago, if not for that. Some anti-nuke person wrote a
letter to the local paper along the lines of the above, blaming the
federal govt for not having a safe disposal, why they are the ones
responsible for all the delays.