Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

Default Where to get ONE 6-40 machine screw?

On 11 May 2006 00:01:37 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:17:34 -0400, Pete Keillor wrote:
On 10 May 2006 18:53:42 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

I've got a 1/4-40 tap & die. No idea why. Anyone need it?

Maybe you built a micrometer in your sleep. 40 tpi = .025"/rev.

Well, I pre-inherited my machine shop from my uncle, who we have now had
to move to a nursing home. Unfortunately he has a disease which robs
him of the ability to answer my technical questions. But as I go on,
the drawer of "mystery tools and jigs" gets less and less full, as I
figure out what they're for.

Some amazingly exotic mystery items in there yet, I should post some
pictures of the more mysterious ones.

That'd be interesting. I generally ignore the what is it puzzle
threads, but enjoy the ones where someone really doesn't know.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Pete Keillor