Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hearn

Default Auto-watering from water butt

mike. buckley wrote:
lo all.

I can find plenty of products to helpfully dispense water to my plants
from a pressurised mains feed (like an outside tap), but I can't find
anything that's suitable for a gravity feed like a water butt. Is
anybody doing this? In the height of summer my toms dry out between me
watering them before I go to work and getting back in the evening.

Thanks

Depends on your budget. I'd guess something like this:

http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/acat...tt_Stands.html

£99, just connect it to normal hosing/drip/leaky-pipe stuff, and put a
standard mains timer on the power lead.

You might find something similar elsewhere - but these sorts of things
are out there!

Just make sure you don't end up emptying your water butt each day and
topping it up from the mains... defeats the point