Lennie the Lurker

Default craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe -- my first lathe!! yay!!

(drew j.) wrote in message . com...

also, can any of you please tell me how you go about centering a
workpiece up in a 4-jaw chuck that has independently moving jaws? do
you have to use a dial indicator on the bed to check runout & then
putz around with adjusting the jaws
individually in & out until there's no runout?

You "eyeball" it as close as you can get it, then use the indicator.
Seems like the first time takes forever, after that it goes quicker.
Move only one jaw at a time, avoids lots of confusion. Don't knock
it, if I'm ever stuck with only one chuck for a lathe, four jaw
independent is what I want it to be.