Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

In article .uk,
Ed Sirett writes:
The other day it occurred to me that in the semi-legal world of ebay
someone would sooner or later be putting out PDFs of BSI publications.

I've long held the view that Acts and SI's must not be allowed
to refer to documents which are not in the public domain (free
download, or paper copies for no more than the printing cost).
I believe this is actually the law in some US states. I wonder
if the EU could be persuaded to impose this -- it must be good
for something? ;-)

The wiring regs did used to be available quite cheaply (before
they were a BS). However, their current cost seems to mean
most electricians don't even have copies any more.

--
Andrew Gabriel