Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Stitch/Spot welding questions

On Wed, 10 May 2006 17:53:17 GMT, "John Miller"
wrote:

The only knowledge I have of stitch/spot mig, is from an aqaintence that had
those features on a Sears (Century I think) welder. He thought the sticher
was neat until his shield gas consumption hit the roof. Apparently the gas
was on all the time instead of switching on/off during the welding cycle.

That could probablly fixed with another valve and relay.

I wondered what I was going to do about that. The way the lincoln
worked, as near as I can tell fgrom the wiring diagram, is that the
gas pulsed with the wire. But it may have kept the gas on all the
time. I might put in another valve that allows the gas to flow all the
time but at a reduced rate when paused.
ERS