Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

Ed Sirett wrote:

The other day it occurred to me that in the semi-legal world of ebay
someone would sooner or later be putting out PDFs of BSI publications.

Lo and behold there is an outfit that will send you a PDF for £5 or will
print and post it to you for £15.

Don't sound that semi-legal to me ;-)

Sooner or later they may be in trouble.

Because I think this is the right move for gas safety and other
construction related matters. I intend to purchase a few of these
(starting with BS5440 - the standard for flues to domestic gas
appliances below 70kW) I will then put them on my web site.

Somewhere on a P2P network may be a little "safer" I would have thought...

This seems a more open way than happens at present.

Quite agree! If they are going to be cited in law as being mandatory
then they ought to be free.

Gas colleges and test centres have these 'Bibles' chained to the desks!
And with a retail price of £140 it's not surprising.

Wonder if the can do the CD version of BS7671, now that would be handy!

If ordinary people can read for themselves what the rights and wrongs
of a matter this has got to be better than hearing snippets from
BG and CORGI 'priests'.

You heretic! ;-)

I trust this may be a useful resource (see the thread BG going OTT...)

--
Cheers,

John.