Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

Ed Sirett wrote:
The other day it occurred to me that in the semi-legal world of ebay
someone would sooner or later be putting out PDFs of BSI publications.

Lo and behold there is an outfit that will send you a PDF for £5 or will
print and post it to you for £15.

Sooner or later they may be in trouble.

Because I think this is the right move for gas safety and other
construction related matters. I intend to purchase a few of these
(starting with BS5440 - the standard for flues to domestic gas
appliances below 70kW) I will then put them on my web site.
This seems a more open way than happens at present.

Good man - but won't you be making yourself vulnerable to legal action
from BSI? I don't know what arrangement this other outfit may or may
not already have with them regarding copyright?

David