Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default collapsed compression joints

In article .com,
George Tingsley wrote:
Wrong im sorry to say
Having now read all the massages in this subject
It appears to me that most of the regular experts?
are talking out of their posteriors and even if I clam to have been a
plumber for 50 years why should anyone believe me over Mr Drivel or
Plowman?

I had a rummage in my fittings box and turned up a few old carded
compression fittings
A few facts quoted from the manufactures which you would hope know more
about their products then a diyforum

By Opella
Usual cleaning info
Apply PTFE tape to male fitting threads only
Hand tighten nut then spanner tighten nut further 1/2 turn 15mm 3/4
turn 22mm
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN- in large print

You earlier quoted the Calor site. Go back to it and see its advice on how
far to tighten a 15mm fitting...;-)

--
*Income tax service - We‘ve got what it takes to take what you've got.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.