Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson

Default We Had Hail, Should I Make A Claim?

wrote:

If the roof was shot in the first place, just replace it.

Insurance companies don't make money by paying out
claims. They will adjust your premium to cover the costs,
simple as that.

I've lost five roofs to hail. Insurance (same company) covered all five. My
premiums were never increased for my claims. I believe it would be illegal for
them to do so in Texas.

Extensive hail damage in a region can cause a company to raise rates for all
homeowners in that region, regardless of whether they filed a claim.

-- Doug